Adrian Codirlașu, PhD, CFA
Vice-President of CFA Romania and AAFBR, Member of ACI Romania
Carmen Lipara, PhD- Consultant
Consultant - Valuation, Modeling and Economics, Member of AAFBR
CIIA, Presenter / Trainer / Consultant and Manager Valuation, Modeling and Economics at PwC, President of AAFBR;
Mirela Păunescu, Phd, FCCA, CIA
Bianca Drăgucian, CFA, PRM
Portfolio Manager, Raiffeisen Asset Management
Mihai Ţânţaru, CFA
Chief Investment Officer, NN Asigurări de Viata SA
Ionuț Lianu, CFA
Chief Treasury & ALM Officer, CEC Bank
CIIA (Certified International Investment Analyst) is an internationally recognised, advanced professional qualification. The certification examines candidates at a high standard and in a practical fashion on topics of interest for top professionals from the financial industry, such as brokers dealers, financial officers, economists, risk managers, legal and compliance officers and general management at investment banks, insurance companies, brokerage firms, financial engineers and other financial services providers. CIIA holders are also of high value in the financial management of a company: cash balance, working capital, capital structure analysis, financial models for funding etc.
The certification can be equated in the case of financial programs by the Authorities in Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Greece and Poland. Outside of Europe, the CIIA diploma is recognized especially by regulators in Asia and South America. Also, holders of the CIIA certification are exempt from the first exam (out of 3) related to the PRM (Professional Risk Manager) certification based on a partnership with PRMIA (Professional Risk Managers' International Association) from the USA.
WHY GET CIIA CERTIFIED?
- Global recognition, affiliation and opportunities: gain international value and prestige
- Equipping top investment professionals with the advanced skills to add value in their roles and in their organizations
- Combines real world class knowledge with respect for local expertise and culture
- CIIA holders enjoy higher salaries
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS - 15th May 2023
CIIA examinations consist of two levels:
- FOUNDATION – Candidates with a university degree and at least 1-year work experience
- FINAL - Candidates holding a university degree and minimum 5-years work experience
The examinations are held twice a year each March and September. Both the Foundation and Final levels contain 7 modules:
- Portfolio management
- Financial accounting and financial statement analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income
The advanced training solution package offered by AAFBR and Envisia consists of:
- 1-year dedicated support
- Access to the online ACCIA
- 7 practical workshops (x 4 hrs. each) of mock exams. Simulations of the real examination for each of the 7 modules of the CIIA Final Level exams, with explained solutions & concepts from the previous examinations (28 hrs. in total), delivered by top level practitioners (facilitators and lecturers)
- Tutoring. The lecturers are available – online or email - to deliver additional explanations if necessary, during the study period
- Cost of 3 exams
Course & assesment timeline
CIIA TRAINING PROGRAMME PREPARATION SESSIONS (4H/TOPIC)
For Exam 1, 15th September 2023, 16 hours in total
- Financial Accounting and Statement Analysis – 15th June 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Mirela Păunescu, PhD, FCCA, CIA
- Economics – 29th June 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Ionuț Lianu, CFA
- Corporate Finance – 6th July 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Daniela Ropotă, CIIA, CESGA
- Equity Valuation and Analysis – 13th July 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Carmen Lipară, PhD
For Exam 2, 8th March 2024, 12 hours in total
- Portfolio Management – 23rd November 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Mihai Țântaru
- Fixed Income Valuation and Analysis Tutoring – 7th December 2023 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Bianca Drăgucian
- Derivative Valuation and Analysis – 18th January 2024 (14:00 – 18:15). Facilitator: Adrian Codirlașu
To apply to the advanced training solution offered by Envisia and AAFBR take in mind:
- 15th May 2023 – Deadline for application
- 19th May 2023 – Submission of payments deadline
- 19th May 2023 – The access to the ACIIA eLearning platform
Full package price: 3,500 euro + TVA
Envisia is the ﬁrst business school in Romania for Board Directors. A Circle of trust, knowledge, expertise and insights. A place for Chairs, Senior Independent Directors, Non-Executive Directors, C-Suite level and high-calibre professionals to learn and develop sustainable business models and innovative approaches to organizational culture and future risks.
In a changing world, with challenges and new situations on the agenda of boards and executive leadership, the need for specialized education for these positions is growing.
Envisia offers state-of-the-art courses and programs, dedicated to chair and boards, top management and professionals of high expertise, through prestigious international and national educational partnerships, having in its portfolio both academic and professional programs, as well as ultra-specialized courses and seminars.
The Romanian Association of Financial and Banking Analysts (AAFBR) is a non-proﬁt professional association, established in 2008. Since its launch, AAFBR has aimed to present a professional point of view regarding the prospects of the Romanian economy through conferences with a ﬁnancial proﬁle, press releases following internal surveys among members and opinions expressed in the Romanian media.
AAFBR thus wishes to offer useful tools to all companies interested in developments macroeconomics within the internal asset and liability management processes, to analysts who want a reference point for own estimates, the press that identiﬁes economic challenges in the present and proposes solutions for the future, the university environment that orients on scientiﬁc research.
ACIIA (Association of International Investment Analysts) is a non-proﬁt international association established in 2000, in Switzerland, based on a network of National/Regional member societies which represent investment professionals in their respective countries/regions. ACIIA is an international partnership of 23 national and regional associations and 1 federation, EFFAS – European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies, representing over 60,000 ﬁnancial analysts, portfolio managers and other professionals in finance areas worldwide.
For more insights and guidance on the application process, please contact:
Gabriela HÂRȚESCU, PhD
Dean & COO, Member of the Board Envisia