Operational Risks Assessment and Business Continuity Management
This course provides a systematic approach covering the fundamentals needed to manage operational risks in banks and financial institutions. Based on the three-core approach to operational risk management, it expands into critical issues such as risk analysis, risk appetite, probability, impact, and risk mitigation processes.
Business continuity management covers infrastructure, cyber, employee, business, operational and communication risks, with the aim of managing an organisation that has to face new challenges and risks and wants to ensure continuity of its activities.
ASIS International defines a disaster as, “an unanticipated incident or event, including natural catastrophes, technological accidents, or human-caused events, causing widespread destruction, loss, or distress to an organization that may result in significant property damage, multiple injuries, or deaths”, while Bussiness Continuity means “a comprehensively managed effort to prioritize key business processes, identify significant threats to normal operation, and plan mitigation strategies to ensure effective and efficient organizational response to the challenges that surface during and after a crisis”, the ultimate goal being the susrvival of an organization.
The online course takes participants on a deep dive into the methods of building an operational risk management framework, understanding the ISO 22301 and how PDCA-Plan-Do-Check-Act and operating principle of this standard should be applied.
The course is endorsed by the Association of Financial-Banking Analysts from Romania (AAFBR) and ACI Romania.
- Master the knowledge and practical techniques needed to investigate an operational risk incident
- Manage the operational risk in long term and in unprecedent situations
- Understand the importance of BCP and its role in continuous organization management as well as the role BCP plays in building enterprise resiliency
- Gain insight into best practices in BCP
Part I - How the Corona pandemic has influenced Operational Risk in financial institutions
1. Operational Risk Management - essentials
- Operational Risk events
- Tools for managing operational risks (operational risks database, risk indicators, operational risk assessments, operational risk scenarios)
2. Emerging Operational Risks
- Assessing your risk appetite
- Cyber security and cyber risk
- Third party risk management
- Operational resilience
Part II - Business Continuity Planning in a post-Pandemic world
1. Business Continuity jumpstart in post-crisis
- Context of the business and operational environment, internal and external risk factors
- Leadership: specific responsabilities: building defensive capabilities
- Interested parties (stakeholders - individuals or groups) that may be affected by an activity or a decision
2. How to prepare for Business Continuity and Plan for Recovery
- Planning: actions to address the Pandemic crisis risks and opportunities
- Support: resources, competence, awareness, communication, documented information
- Operations: operational planning and control, business impact analysis and risk assessment, business continuity strategy and solutions, BCP and Procedures, exercise programme
- Performance evaluation: monitoring, evaluation, analysis, measurement
Target Audience: Directors and Managers of Risk Management and any Stakeholder with an interest or responsibility in protecting the organization from the effects of disruptive events. Specific titles and functions that are of particular relevance include: Market Risk Management, Operational risk, Traded Market Risk, Market Risk Modelling, Credit Risk Modelling, Risk Methodology, Risk Analysis, Model Validation, Regulatory and Economic Capital, Implementation of Basel Accords, Finance and Treasury, Regulation & Compliance, Internal Control, Audit, Financial Institutions Advisory, Bank Supervision and Regulation, Financial Stability and Economic Analysis, Banking Security, IT etc.
Number Of Participants: limited to maximum 12
The webinar will be highly interactive, based on discussions and case studies.
Adrian Codirlașu, PhD, CFA - Presenter / Trainer – Vicepresident AAFBR, Vicepresident of the CFA Society Romania, Associate Professor
Adrian Baciu - International Consultant / Presenter / Trainer / BCP Coordinator - Country Chief Security Officer, Omniasig, VIG
Adrian Codirlașu is a senior banker with 20 years of experience in banking and financial markets. He is a CFA charterholder since 2006 and holds a PhD in international finance. Adrian have 5-year experience as a Senior Options Dealer with ING Bank where he helped started the bank derivatives business in Romania and over 8 years experience in risk management (market, liquidity, operational, reputational and credit risk).
Previously, he has been a Senior Economist in the Research Dept. of the National Bank of Romania for about 6 years. Adrian is also an Associate Professor with DOFIN – Doctoral School of Finance, ASE. Between 2011 - 2013, Adrian was the President of the Association of Financial-Banking Analysts in Romania and for the last 13 years Adrian haas been a member of the CFA Romania Board of Directors, as well as the association’s President for seven years.
Adrian Baciu is a former superior officer within the Ministry of Interior and he holds a PhD in military science - Bioterrorism and Law Enforcement. He graduated FBI Academy, specialized in combating organized crime and terrorism.
He taught crisis management courses for Business and Administration Faculty and led for 4 years the International Bioterrorism Prevention Programme for Interpol, teaching international classes on bioterrorism prevention and response, being point of contact for cooperation with WHO, ICO, UN.
He was also trainer for International Atomic Energy Agency and lecturer for International and National Economy University in Sofia. Curenttly he is Country Chief Security Officer and Country BCP Coordinator for Vienna Insurance Group companies in Romania.
When and where:
- November 21-22, 2023 (2 pm – 6,15 pm)
- The webinar will be delivered using Online Platform, allowing the virtual participation, both from home and from work, with no risks associated, using just a browser. After the registration to the course, one day before the online sessions took place, the participants will receive a link to access the virtual classroom.
- Duration: 8 hours (net)
Registration: by November 11, 2023
How to enroll:
- If you are purchasing the course for yourself, as an individual, please click on the Buy course button and follow the steps in the form
- If you are a representative of an organisation and want to purchase this course for your team / colleagues, please click on the Contact us button and follow the steps in the form.
A digital certificate will be issued by Envisia, endorsed by AAFBR and ACI Romania, after the course.