Financial Analysis – a practical approach
This eight-hour course on financial analysis demonstrates how you can perform a comprehensive financial analysis of any organization using a variety of ratios derived from its financial statements.
In this course, we illustrate multiple ways of digging through financials and calculating meaningful ratios, turning a good financial analyst into a great analyst.
- Learn to read and analyze the major financial statements - Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Be able to evaluate a company using ratio analysis
- Go in depth into the financial reporting specifics for individual line items
- Practice various financial analysis techniques
- Factor analysis methods of the main elements of the income statement
- Analytical procedures
- Chain substitution method
- Factor analysis of working capital
- Factor analysis of COGS
- Factor analysis of EBIT – case study
- The structure of costs: Fixed costs, Variable costs, Break even analysis
- Balance sheet analysis
- The structure of the assets:
- Fixed assets utilization ratios
- Current assets utilization ratios
- Financial leverage ratios
- Gearing ratios
- Liquidity ratios
- Shareholder equity ratios
What makes this course different
- Experienced Instructor
- Interactive Experience
- Well Structured
- Case Studies
- Red Flags for possible manipulation of financial statements
- During the course the concepts introduced will be practiced with interactive activities. Different case studies will be given to illustrate the concepts presented.
- The webinar will be highly interactive.
- Prerequisite: A basic financial background is compulsory.
This financial analysis course is perfect for any aspiring financial analyst working in investment banking, financial planning and analysis (FP&A), equity research, corporate development, and other areas of finance and accounting and any professional in business, with a basic financial background, who wish to increase their knowledge and skills related to the financial analysis domain.
Facilitator: Mirela Păunescu, PhD, MBA, FCCA, CIA. Top consultant holding an impressive portfolio of international and national professional qualifications such as: FCCA, CIA, CAFR, CCF AND CECCAR, along with a solid academic background: a PhD in Accounting from ASE Bucharest and an MBA from Bentley University USA (graduated with High Distinction).
Number of participants: max. 12
When and where:
- April 24, 2023: 9,30 am – 6 pm
- October 13, 2023: 9,30 am – 6 pm
- The webinar will be delivered using ENVISIA Online Platform, allowing the virtual participation, both from home and from work, with no risks associated, using just a browser. After the registration to the course, one day before the online sessions took place, the participants will receive a link to access the virtual classroom.
- Duration: 7 hours net
A digital certificate will be issued by ENVISIA, after the course
How to enroll:
- If you are buying the course for yourself, as an individual, please click on the Buy course button and follow the steps in the form
- If you are a representative of an organisation and want to buy this course for your team / colleagues, please click on the Contact us button and follow the steps in the form.
For additional information:
Gabriela HÂRȚESCU, PhD
Dean & COO, Member of the Board
ENVISIA Business School