Future of Boards Gala 2023 is an exclusive event that aims to be a benchmark for the business community, by shaping the future of boards, empower board members and recognize board impact.
Built as a celebration of excellence, the Gala takes place on Thursday, November 9, starting 3:30 PM, at One Tower, at 165 Calea Floreasca, 17th floor, Bucharest, and will bring together influential business professionals and thought leaders - part of our vibrant community of over 300 board members and C-suite executive, academia, and media representatives.
The Gala will host a Panel discussion with the World’s First Graduates of the Master of Arts in Board Practice and Directorship, the programme developed in partnership with Henley Business School. After, the event will be crowned with the Future of Boards Awards Ceremony, in which we will recognize high caliber professionals and Boards of Directors impacting organizations and communities.
- 15:30 – Welcome guests
- 16:00 - 16:10 – Opening speech: Gabriela Hârțescu, PhD - Dean & Board Member Envisia Boards of Elite, Visiting Fellow Henley Business School
- 16.10 - 16.30 – Keynote speech: Prof. Andrew Kakabadse, Professor of Governance & Leadership, Chairman of the Henley Directors’ Forum, Chair of ENVISIA Business School
- 16:30 - 18:00 – Shaping the Future of Boards – Panel discussion with the World’s First Graduates of the Master of Arts in Board Practice and Directorship
- 18:00 - 18:30 – Future of Boards Awards Ceremony, recognizing high caliber professionals and Boards of Directors impacting organizations and communities
- 18:30 - 21:00 – Networking
The first part of the Gala will bring together high calber, international voices. We will welcome, first, the British Embassy to Romania representative.
Afterwards, we will invite on stage Prof. Andrew Kakabadse, Professor of Governance & Leadership, Chairman of the Henley Directors’ Forum, Chair of ENVISIA Business School, who will share his insights on board stewardship and how create true imapact.
Shaping the Future of Boards – Panel discussion with the World’s First Graduates of the Master of Arts in Board Practice and Directorship. The Graduates will share relevant insights from their master thesis research.
• Adrian FLOREA - Development and Digital Transformation Director CONCELEX
• Adriana Lobda - Founding Member, Member of Board of Directors ENVISIA-Boards of Elite
• Alina Prahoveanu - Managing Partner Ofin Consulting
• Anca Apahidean - Area Manager Eastern Europe at International Air Transport Association (IATA)
• Carmen-Daniela Micu, MBA, MEng - Chair Of The Board Of Directors, IASE International | CEO&Board Member, ENVISIA-Boards of Elite
• Iulia Lascau - Vice Chair Board Of Directors BKR International EMEA
• Mircea Busuioceanu - Chief Risk Officer Raiffeisen Bank
• Marilena Popovici - Chief Financial Officer/ Chief Operating officer at BCR Banca Pentru Locuinte
• Radu Hanga - President Of The Board Of Directors at Bucharest Stock ExchangeBursa de Valori Bucuresti (BVB)
• Simona Constantinescu - CEO Ana Hotels Romania, Chair Romanian Hotel Industry Federation
Future of Boards Awards Ceremony aims to recognize high caliber professionals and Boards of Directors impacting organizations and communities. We will celebrate:
- Envisia Community Contributor of the Year
- Chair of Envisia Fundraising Committee
- Board Stewardship and Legacy for the Future
- Stewardship in Public Administration
- Excellence in Board Education Partnership
- Leading Sustainability in the Boardroom
- Board Excellence in Investors Relations
- Excellence in Value Creation in the Boardroom – Board of the Year
- Non-Executive Director of the Year Impacting the Boardroom
- Excellence in Stakeholder Board Engagement
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Envisia – Boards of Elite, President of the Director's Forum Henley Business School, member of Thinkers50
Gabriela Hârțescu, PhD
Dean, Member of The Board, Envisia – Boards of Elite
Adriana Lobdă, FCCA
Founding member, Envisia – Boards of Elite
Development and Digital Transformation Director, CONCELEX
Managing Partner, OFIN Consulting
Carmen Micu, EMBA
CEO, Founding member, Envisia – Boards of Elite
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Bucharest Stock Exchange
VP Risk Raiffeisen
Area Manager Eastern Europe, IATA
Managing Partner, Argus Audit
VP Finance, BCR Pensi
CEO, Ana Hotels